Random CD Cover
The Random CD Cover is a popular internet meme from 2009. You will use many different sites to choose a random band name, album name, and photos for your album cover. This only works if the selections are completely random; don't just keep clicking until you find one you want. Make sure to choose only appropriate materials for this assignment.
- Go to en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random. This will randomly choose a Wikipedia page. The first article title on the page is the name of your band.
- Go to www.quotationspage.com/random.php3. The last four words of the very last quote is the album title
- Use the Random Word Generator and write down the first two words it gives you. Type each of the words into Google Image Search and save one image from the 1st page of results. Do this for both random words.
- Use Photoshop to combine the two images you selected into one image. This image must be 3.5 in. x 3.5 in.
- Use Photoshop to add the text of your random band name and album title to your cover. Use your typography skills to make the album as interesting as possible.
- When finished, save the completed cover to your blog.